CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester
Delivered in sterile, single-use kit for rapid harvest
Morselizes bone into chips to facilitate void filling
Available for use with Tribio™ Backfill Plugs to fill corresponding voids
CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester
CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester is available in two Outer Tube diameters: 6mm and 8mm.
The In2Bones CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester is a single-use, pre-assembled bone graft harvesting device provided sterile that may be used to harvest bone from various sites in the body including the calcaneus, iliac crest, proximal tibia, distal tibia, distal radius, and distal femur. The Bone Graft Harvester is intended to morselize cancellous bone for enhanced bone healing in fusion and fracture stabilization procedures. Sterile Tribio™ Backfill Plugs are provided to fill the void(s) left by the Bone Graft Harvester to stimulate native bone regeneration in those areas.
The Bone Graft Harvester is available in two sizes, 6mm and 8mm outer diameter. The Tribio™ Backfill Plugs are 40mm in length and are available in 5.5 and 7.5 mm sizes to fill the corresponding void diameter size left by the Bone Graft Harvester. They are easily cut to length if the void is less than 40mm deep.
Select CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester Support Collaterals
CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester Surgical Technique
Pictured using calcaneus harvest site. Other options include; the iliac crest, proximal tibia, distal tibia, distal radius, and distal femur.
- Surgeons are to use standard techniques for incision and exposure of the harvesting site.
- Attach the AO-quick connect end of the Bone GraftHarvester to power drill connection.
- Drill the Bone Graft Harvester at a low speed to the desired depth into the exposed site. Take care to remain in cancellous bone and not over-penetrate bicortically. For best results, lower drilling speed, or using the ream setting is preferred.
- Remove the device from the bone.
After drilling is complete, remove the Outer Tube.
Bone Graft Removal Technique
- Confirm the “UP” and In2Bones logo on the plastic handle are facing up prior to disconnecting the Outer Tubefrom the Inner Collection Trough.
- While the Inner Collection Trough is still connected to power, safely disassemble to remove graft. Squeeze the legs of the plastic handle A and pull away to remove the Outer Tube and to expose the Inner Collection Trough B.
- The harvested material is collected in the Trough and can be easily removed and placed into the intended site.
Inner Collection Trough holds the harvested morselized cancellous bone.
Bone Graft Harvester Assembly Technique
- If additional graft is desired, re-assemble the Bone Graft Harvester Outer Tube to the Inner Collection Trough for further use.
- Confirm the “UP” lasermarked on the Inner Collection Trough aligns with the “UP” of the plastic handle and slide the Outer Tube over the Inner Collection Trough while squeezing the legs of the handle. If the orientation is incorrect, the design prevents full assembly.
- Once fully assembled, additional harvesting can then commence by drilling at a 45° angle from the previous entry point, or through a new cortical location.
Tribio™ Backfill Plugs can be used to fill the void left by the CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester.
Tribio™ Backfill Plug Technique
- Use the corresponding sized backfill plugs to fill the voidleft by the Bone Graft Harvester (5.5mm dia. for the 6mm Harvester, and 7.5mm dia. for the 8mm Harvester).
- Fully insert the backfill plug into the harvested hole. The material will rapidly absorb the surrounding blood and other fluids and will be replaced by bone over time.
- Closure is performed by surgeon preference.
CoLink® Bone Graft Harvester Ordering Information